Republican policies have consistently disadvantaged working families and eroded the middle class—once the shining example for people everywhere. In 2015, New Jersey was dead last in economic growth. While most of the region saw median incomes rise, in New Jersey we were stagnant. We must invest in infrastructure, in innovation, manufacturing and STEM. We must invest in schools and training. And we must work with and encourage our business partners to invest in our communities.
I will work hard to:
• implement a livable wage for all workers
• attract investment in innovation, manufacturing and STEM to our district
• develop alliances among industry, educators and municipal leaders
• attract greater diversity of jobs in our district
• prevent privatization of taxpayer-supported public agencies, programs and services
• ensure a tax system that is fair to working families and the middle class.